“As for the future, your task is not to foresee it, but to enable it.” Antoine de Saint Exupery
The time a dedicated career search requires can equate to the hours of a full-time or part-time job pending your current employment status. To have a successful career search; it is essential for you to plan your daily career search action items. Executing your daily career search plan will shift you closer to your desired professional role. Strategic planning is much more effective than random planning. It is important that you remain focused, encouraged, and dedicated to accomplishing your career search goals daily.
Suggested Daily Career Search Action Items:
- Set an alarm on your phone to repeat your career search affirmation goals three times a day.
- Review online job postings alerts that you have emailed to yourself from different online job boards.
- Identify a time block to specifically craft your application for postings that interests you. The same resume, cover letter, or email verbiage will not always apply for each position you submit to for consideration.
- Study your chosen industry. Read about current events, industry operations, training opportunities, and the latest insight tips from industry leaders. Researching your industry daily empowers you and builds your confidence in being viewed as a qualified candidate.
- Journal your career search lessons, goals, outcomes, wins, and challenges daily. Journalizing promotes personal growth and assists you in keeping your career search focus points in perspective.