Got Career Search Questions? Ask.
Throughout your career search many questions are generated that you may not know where to gain direction and solutions from. It is strongly encouraged to be confident and comfortable to ask yourself and others questions to gain clarity about the next steps you need to take regarding your career search.
Asking the basic questions of requesting assistance with resume reviews, referrals, or employment leads can often be asked with ease. It’s important to ask yourself and sometimes consult with others the applicable questions and scenarios listed below.
- Is this the right time to start a career search? Determine if you need to professionally develop in your current position longer before moving on to a new employment opportunity.
- Do you need to improve your communication skills? If yes, identify what specific communication skills you need to improve and create an action plan accordingly.
- Is it time for you to be considered for a management position? If yes, assess what qualifies you to be considered based upon the required experience listed for the position description.
- If you desire a career change because of management. Resolve if is it worth transitioning out of your current role because of one person or a certain management style. Take the time to rethink your decision at least once to determine if the potential career move will be an overall advantage or disadvantage to your current career path.
- Are you playing yourself small in your current role? If yes, decide if you want more and why now is a good time to seek career advancement. Pinpoint what eligibility steps you need to make to be considered beyond strengthen your self-confidence.
You are meant to achieve greatness and it is up to you to solidify your path to experience it. Ask questions to assist you in determining how to accomplish your desired career outcomes.