Episode 48 features Jasmin Forts. She currently works as Talent Acquisition leadership for a large domestic organization with operations spanning worldwide. Jasmin is a Certified Career Coach. Jasmin’s journey into the corporate workplace started with limited guidance and no formal network. She made a personal commitment to deal with disparities in tools to build resumes, interview authentically, and express confidence in physical presentation urged her to close the gap. Jasmin is a “self-proclaimed Livelihood Enthusiast” and cares how people prepare for maintaining their careers. She has been featured in Teen Vogue, Monster.com and Madame Noire for her HR and Talent Acquisition advice. During this episode, Jasmin chats about communicating your value in the workplace.
A career search can cause you to experience a range of emotions that can sometimes lead to frustration. Career search frustration can encompass; the unexpected duration of your career search, interview outcomes, financial needs, and sometimes feeling unfulfilled with your current career path based upon multiple variables. To combat frustration, it is important for you to focus on the positive experiences and results of your career search to date and remain encouraged. It is within your ability to implement power filled thoughts, words, and planning fortitude when you need to overcome frustration.
“Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” ~ John Quincy Adams
Below are a few ways to remain encouraged during your career search.
- Speak positive affirmations during each instance of frustration. Example: I will connect with an industry professional that will lead me to my employable opportunity.
- Push and encourage yourself to have a mind shift of perspective that will ignite you to re-strategize your career search if applicable.
- Do something that makes you smile and/or laugh.
- Seek advice from industry influencers.
- Display an attitude that is open to receiving constructive feedback that can help you improve your marketability and skills.