Episode 12 features Rachel Wilson Thibodeaux. Rachel is the Founder and Owner of SWAG Strategy Solutions. SWAG stands for Strategic Women Achieves Growth. Rachel is also the creator of the marketing system, Brand. Sell. Profit. She uses it to help her clients connect the dots between building an unforgettable brand and generating cash flow. She enjoys working with visionary, go-getter women entrepreneurs, service-based small businesses, and other purpose-driven leaders. Rachel shares branding hacks, details about her recently published book, Brand. Sell. Profit., and tips to keep your LinkedIn profile polished up.
During my recent career search, many attitude perspectives crossed my mind. The one perspective that continually resonated in my thoughts and spirit was gratefulness. I strongly believe that displaying gestures of gratefulness from a genuine place within, will serve you well as you network your way to your next professional promotion, career transition opportunity, or business connection. Below are my 6 tips that have ushered me to experiencing and accomplishing my desired career goals.
- Be grateful for your past and current professional lessons. During mediation and throughout my daily travels and conversations; I reflect and give thanks for my good, challenging, rewarding, and developmental career opportunities. All of my professional lessons have led me to promotional and leadership opportunities that continue to assist me in knowing when to be still and observe or take my hustle to the next level to successfully complete and accomplish a project, task, or goal.
- Be grateful to have access to knowledge. From a local, national, and global perspective not everyone has the opportunity to learn and/or develop industry skills through education or trade. I am grateful for the opportunity to have access to the resources to be able to advance in my chosen professional industry, reinvent my career, or be viewed as a credible industry expert.
- Be grateful that you qualify to apply. I enjoy observing people advance in their careers and businesses. It is great to know that you meet the requirements of being viewed as a qualified candidate when applying and being considered for your next career move, business venture that has specific credit requirements, or being invited to attend a networking opportunity that is for a select group of credentialed professionals. Humble beginnings that you respect and grow from will ultimately lead you to the qualifying moment that you have been focused on experiencing to the fullest during your professional career path travels.
- Be grateful for the support system of encouragement that you have. Life does not guarantee support for anyone. For some people, support embraces them because people want to honor their dedicated and consistent efforts of being focused and diligent to manifesting their desired career goals. Other people have had an ongoing support system that cheers them on in their success attraction endeavors simply because they’re friends, family, or respected colleagues. Whichever way support positively comes to you that keeps you encouraged and/or connecting to ideas and business opportunities, be grateful. There are some people who have no idea what it is like to have someone believe in them enough to take the time to cheer them on their success journey.
- Be grateful in knowing that your career search has a timeline. My career searches have had an ongoing reminder, nothing lasts forever. Eventually when you have acquired the skills, knowledge, connections, mindset shift, or image adjustment the career or business opportunity that you’re seeking reveals itself.
- Be grateful for the self-awareness your career search heightens in you. As a career coach, I have witnessed the career searches of many people notably crystallizes after they define who they are, their limits, and their flexibilities. Career searches also sparks creativity and re-ignites professional dreams that may have smothered down to embers. The great ‘aha moment’ is that your career search can direct you to realizing the time is now to shift and go full force to turning that professional dream into a daily reality.
Remember that our actions have a boomerang effect back into our lives. Today in the midst of your career search, I encourage you to the take to time to pay it forward by helping someone else in accomplishing their career goals. Send a thank you card to a mentor or simply take fifteen minutes out of your day to meditate and be grateful for another day to construct your career path of success.
“Pulling a good network together takes effort, sincerity and time.” ~Alan Collins, Author of “Unwritten HR Rules”
There are a variety of ways that you can network for your next career promotion, industry contact, or new professional resource. You can attend an online networking event, a lunch chat, or an after hours networking event. You can also host your own networking event at your home, a local venue, or a restaurant. Invite respected professional peers, mentors, and industry influencers you would like to reconnect and connect with.
Get creative with planning your networking event. Your event should display a festive and upbeat theme with coordinating decor and edible treats that represents excellence. Develop an event schedule that is time sensitive and easy to administer with a smile. Take time to identify intriguing conversation starters and industry relevant current events and trends to candidly discuss. After your networking event, skip the email and send a handwritten thank you note. A hand written thank you can leave a notable lasting impression that can connect you to the career shift that you are seeking.
Product Feature: OnlineLabels.com, Thank You Notes (OL247KW)
Repetition of your career search plan will be a constant requirement of you during your search. Take the time to determine each daily action item that you will commit to completing. At the start of your search, begin with small tasks and continue to larger tasks as your desired results develop and your confidence in your strategies increases.
The repetition of your career search plan is a great way to build and improve your time management skills, self-esteem, planning systems, and most importantly confirmation of your success mindset. Plan wisely. Your words and actions are framing your future daily. Remain focused and diligent on accomplishing your career goals. Make it a point to say your positive career affirmations as a part of your daily activities. Toss in stress busters that will help you deviate high emotions and tension that can be associated with you career search.
Career Search Strategy Plan Suggestion from Gregg Pollack, Technology Industry Influencer
Check out the link below to read Gregg Pollack’s awesome insight on ‘How To Land Your Dream Job’
Gregg Pollack’s Bio: Founder of Envy Labs, a web development consultancy, and Code School, and online learning platform for developers and designers. Aside from Starter Studio, Mr. Pollack founded the Orlando Ruby Users Group, BarCamp Orlando, and the Orlando Tech Events Newsletter. All initiatives to help build the Orlando Tech Scene.
Taking the time to attend networking events during the week is beneficial to your career search. Networking events can be a fun way to develop your people skills, connect with industry professionals, and become actively involved in your local community. You can potentially locate networking event details through various professional associations and Chamber of Commerce offices. Leave your resume at home and take your business cards, optimistic attitude, strong handshake and cheerful smile with you to the event. Mingle well and add value to conversations you participate in. Aim to connect with at least three new professional connections before leaving the event.
For career changers, that may not be able to attend a networking event on a weekly basis due to their current work schedule. A similar networking strategy can apply to your LinkedIn engagement. Today accept the challenge to increase your interaction with current and potential connections to be noticed and considered for your desired employment opportunity. Review, implement, and execute the steps below on a daily basis. Leave a comment below and share your outcomes from this LinkedIn Engagement Challenge.
- Make sure all of your professional experience is well noted and listed on your LinkedIn profile.
- Upload a quality and clear photo of yourself solely. The background of your picture and your attire should be professional.
- Under the Interests tab start following five Influencers and post a comment. Commenting on posts by Influencers is a strategic way to be seen and potentially have your profiled viewed.
- Under the Jobs tab register to have email alerts sent to you daily or weekly.
- Review your connections listing. Comment or like any of their recent accomplishments, anniversaries, or posts that they have made. Giving recommendations is always a great way to give thanks or pay it forward when networking on LinkedIn.
- Search companies to identify employment opportunities through an advanced search by the categories of Relationship, Location, Industry, or Company Size. Send an InMail of interest or apply immediately for a position that interests you. LinkedIn gives you the option to make your career search activity private. Visit Settings for more details.
- Remember consistency is the key with all career search tactics.