by careertipper | | Blog
A man’s character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation. ~ Mark Twain ~
Your conversation engagement goal should consistently be to leave a positive lasting impression when speaking with various industry professionals. Beyond being a subject matter expert; it is great for you to be open to share a few of your own personal interests, goals, and hobbies with others. Strive to share something different in each conversation. The ability to dialogue a mixture of topics; displays your range of diversity of your life experiences and studies. Embark upon conversations with novice and seasoned industry professionals that you can learn from. Every conversation has the potential to deliver you valuable knowledge that you can potentially incorporate into your everyday success activities. Position yourself to be a part of conversation to remember frequently.
Possible Conversation Activity Sparks
- Learn a new word. Many dictionary sites will email you a new word to assist you with increasing your vocabulary daily.
- Attend culture events. Take time to attend events, festivals, and concerts locally and nationally.
- Be adventurous daily. Try new foods. Shop in different locations throughout your city.
by careertipper | | Blog
Your daily routines and habits can lead you to experiencing your career goals and aspirations. Becoming impeccable with your words and dressing for the position you desire is imperative to your success.
Take time daily to frame the words you speak about your career search that you will express to others when networking. It is to your advantage to express gratefulness for your professional experiences and acquired knowledge during your conversations. Be prepared to share your lessons learned in a constructive and positive manner that will prompt one to connect with you and share their wisdom with you. Genuine professional connections that can be mutually insightful and informative should be the goal when networking.
In many professional environments how you dress is noticed and matters. Take your time to make sure the basics are covered daily. The way you take care of your clothes, hair, and overall appearance are noticeable basic details. Invest in quality and tasteful clothes and shoes that will represent you well for your industry that can transcend from a boardroom meeting to an after hours professional event if required.
Impeccable Action Activities of the Day
- In front of a mirror practice explaining your career outcomes to date in a positive manner. Pay attention to your facial expressions during the explanation. Emulate confidence versus frustration. Aim to avoid sounding like a victim of circumstances. Demonstrate accountability and share your career search plan summary in less than two minutes with a smile.
- Research current professional wardrobe must-haves and trends, and audit your closet. Identify which garments should be removed and donated. List what garments you need to add to your wardrobe that represent the position you desire. Set a deadline and a wardrobe budget for when the wardrobe updates will be complete.